Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Faith, not fear

Everyone has their crazy days... I've had my fair share for sure.  Yesterday was one of them for sure.  It involved waking up to a head ache, 4 toddlers crying almost non-stop for 4 hours, being embarrassingly late for choir because I was cleaning the bathroom for my apartment cleaning check, then failing that cleaning check anyway (which was a little ridiculous because i scrubbed every inch of that place!), burning my dinner, then burning my lemon bars, and trying to do laundry but using my last quarter on a broken dryer.
Now, my day could stop there with all the crazy, not planned for things that "threw off my groove" but if there's one thing I've learned from a life of ups and downs and in-betweens and mean-times, I've learned that I cannot afford to stop there.  Life has so much more to offer than head aches and crying toddlers.  There is the laughter of children and bright, fresh mornings that belong to clean-slate days!  Everyday is a new beginning, a new chance to be what I wasn't yesterday.  You see, the major problem with yesterday was that I focused on the problems.  
So many great things happened but I had a hard time seeing all the wonderful things in my life.  On my way to class, super late, I ran into my boy friend (and best friend) Trent.  I got a hug that I needed SO much.  When I used my last quarter in the broken dryer, Trent ran to my side with a pocket full of quarters and the worlds BEST hugs and smile!!! NO EXAGGERATION!!  And I was so upset about my "bad day" that I didn't realize how many tender mercies and blessings I'd been given that day.  
Trent was my TENDER MERCY! I had $2.50 in quarters to do my laundry!  I have plenty to eat!!  I have a job!!  I'm in the world's best choir!! I have a knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His atonement for me and everyone to inhabit the earth!!!  I not only know these things but I believe them!!! I know that God loves us and watches over us.  He didn't leave me alone with screaming and crying toddlers or a burnt dinner. He cares and I hope that this note helps you today to see how much you really have.

Remember to smile, remember who gives you a life that is always worth smiling about if you look hard enough :)
Lynz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lynz, I really needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile to see when someone takes what seems to be their terrible, no good, very bad day and change their attitude and perspective to see that really, it wasn't so bad. You are such a lucky young lady Lyndsi. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your testimony. Most of all, thanks for the smile :)
    ~Holls

    ReplyDelete