Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Samantha Jo Keele and "in the meantime"

I have a good friend named Samantha who is an incredibly gifted writier.  This is something she posed on facebook this morning and with her permission I share it with you.


"A piece of my Journal
"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either do something worth writing, or write something worth reading." -Benjamin Franklin


I learned last night a reason why journal writing is important for more reasons than record keeping. For me personally, I learn things. About myself, and about life. I try to write every night, and each time I do I put my pen down feeling satisfied and grateful. Last night, however was a bit different. Last night I wrote something that kept me from sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about how true it is, and how much it helps me. In the final paragraph I learned a simple, encouraging statement: Make it through the meantime.

Whenever I write about my troubles with boys, school, family, friends et cetera, I always seem to end up saying, "I know everything will work out, it's just waiting in the meantime" or, "Things will get better, so in the meantime I just have to suck it up and quit being a big baby." It's funny how this "meantime" always seems to get the best of us, doesn't it? It's almost as if the "meantime" is a big bulk of the trial of our faith. Pray, trust God, be patient, have faith, endure, make it through the meantime, and then come the blessings. It seems like the "meantime" is inevitable, isn't it? I've learned so much during my hours, days and even months of being suspended in what seems to be this dark abyss of meantime. God isn't just going to give you the things you need, sometimes he makes you work for it. Sometimes you have to walk through the shadows before stepping into the sunlight. But with faith, endurance, patience and maybe sometimes a little bit of tears, we can make it through the meantime and the reward will be ours. A good friend reminded me the other day that God never closes one door without opening another. Weak things become strong in God. How can we expect to go through a refiners fire without feeling a little heat? So while you're swimming through the meantime, keep your chin up and your eyes bright, remembering that all things *ALL THINGS* are for our good. Just Make it Through the Meantime!!


Sincerely, 
Samantha Jo Keele"
I hope you liked it half as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment